Trent’s is a complete wedding venue from start to finish.
We have indoor and outdoor zones for your ceremony, a spacious lawn for canapés and drinks, our own skilled and experienced in-house chef working in a fully equipped commercial kitchen, BYO wine options, as well as a fully equipped bar and various drinks package selections.
From the ceremony to the last dance, you can enjoy every phase of your wedding within our beautiful property, freeing you and your guests from the worry of organizing transportation and logistics between different venues.
At Trent’s, creating a special wedding experience for every one of our clients is our top priority.
Our sheltered lawn with a Victorian gazebo under the sycamore trees is a beautiful backdrop for your ceremony. The conservatory area, with rolled sides, provides an equally beautiful location in the event of rain.
Trent’s can provide shepherds hooks, two wine barrels, plinths with foliage, ceremony chairs, and a registry table or barrel.
Most ceremonies are held mid afternoon followed by canapés and drinks on the lawn.
The wooden-floored dining area and adjoining tiled conservatory area, which together form an integrated area, can seat up to 124 guests.
The mezzanine floor is a quiet lounge space where guests can kick back and relax or it is a perfect spot for a photo booth.
To view a seating plan, please select from the following list:
Trent’s have over 50 acres of established farmland with avenues of big old trees, a pond with jetty and boat, neighbouring fields, horses, rustic gates and implements. Both photographers and guests appreciate this natural and rustic setting and most prefer to stay at Trent’s to take advantage of the romantic ambience and the wonderful photo opportunities.
View our photo gallery.
Dining is a huge part of a satisfying wedding and we pride ourselves in a high standard of quality cuisine and attentive service. We offer the choice of either Table Service, or a gourmet BBQ buffet. Trent’s has an experienced, creative and flexible kitchen team who are happy to receive your menu suggestions. We can cater to most dietary requirements.
Disclaimer: Due to seasonal availability or pricing there may be occasional impromptu changes to the menu.
Most of the vineyard was pulled out in 2002 with 1 acre retained as a photo backdrop for weddings. Trent’s offer both BYO (wine only) and beverage packages, complemented by full bar service. Our house wines are the North Canterbury based Pegasus Bay Winery “Main Divide” selection, being a well-established and respected range of quality wines both locally grown and produced.
View our beverage list.
MUSIC & DANCING
After dinner, our staff will remove any tables in the marquee area which then becomes the dance floor. Music is to finish at 11.30pm, we recommend bands/DJs announce the last dance at around 11:20pm. Final guest departure is by 12:00am. Guests are welcome to leave vehicles in the car park overnight. We have quality sound systems; inside and outside speakers for ceremony and background music, cordless microphones, and dance speakers with disco lighting in the dance area for use with a personal device. Bands and DJs are welcome.
We will endeavour to make your wedding a wonderful experience ensuring fabulous memories with little stress, as evidenced by the numerous “Thank you” cards we receive. Trent’s full time Venue Manager Katrina, is always available to discuss any queries beforehand. Once you have your RSVP’s back, she will meet with you to help define menus, ceremony and seating layouts, and placement of decorations & place names etc. On your wedding day, Katrina and her team will ensure the smallest details are promptly attended to.
Will be held for two weeks, but we will contact you before relinquishing a date.
A deposit of $1000 is payable to confirm and secure your booking.
This deposit is credited against your final account.
Final numbers are to be advised one week prior to the event. The meals charged for will be the greater of the number attending or the final advised numbers. A detailed invoice will be provided after the wedding for payment within 7 days.
All payment methods are accepted, but there is a 3% credit card surcharge.
- Exclusive use of the premises from 9.00am – 12.00am on the date of the booking
- Venue manager/ wedding coordinator assistance with arrangements before and during your wedding day e.g., seating plan, menu, timetable, music, etc. This includes a “month out” meeting prior to your wedding and the rehearsal (typically held on Thursday evenings taking an hour or so).
- Staff and labour charges including Venue manager/ wedding coordinator, waiting, bar and kitchen staff, cleaning staff and groundsman.
- Video (GoPro) of the ceremony (only if required). A complimentary memory stick of the ceremony is included.
- All in-house furniture including dining tables, dining chairs (x124), ceremony chairs (x120), registry table, wine barrels (x2), outdoor hexagonal wooden picnic tables with built in seating for 8 (x11) and two plinths/pedestals.
- White damask tablecloths and white linen napkins.
- Cutlery, crockery, glassware and condiments.
- Silver cake knife, wine barrel or table for cake placement and cutting and serving of wedding cake.
- Internal (4 speakers) and external (4 speakers) quality sound systems with two cordless microphones for the ceremony and speeches
- Base active dance speakers in the conservatory dance area with synchronised disco lighting
- Setting-up tables (as instructed at rehearsal) including tablecloths (if required), napkins, cutlery, crockery, glassware, condiments, place names and table decorations.
- Existing fairy lighting in dance area and festoon lighting both over the dining area and around the courtyard.
- Outdoor lawn games
- Picnic and drinks baskets are provided for the Bridal Party while taking photos between the ceremony and the reception.
- Clean up and pack down of premises following wedding including pack down of decorations* and boxing of left-over wine (if BYO option is selected)
- All menus include tea & coffee, cutting and plating your wedding cake
- All charges are GST inclusive
NOTES: If there is no function on the day before, you are welcome to set up then by arrangement with the Venue Manager.
*Applies to basic decorations. If set up or/and pack down is complex, additional assistance must be provided (i.e., by friends, family and/or external suppliers)